What to Expect During Your Appointment
- You will be greeted with a smile and friendly atmosphere upon entering our office. Our staff will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have while filling out the intake and insurance forms.
- Depending on the complexity of the case, the initial interview and treatment can take 45 minutes to an hour.
- Follow up treatments can last between 10-20 minutes
- Your treatment begins by us listening to you tell us about your pain: when it began, how it began, how it affects your lifestyle, if you have had any other treatments and how successful/unsuccessful they were, and what your short and long term goals are.
- We will answer your questions, and we will tell you about Nimmo therapy and how it is different than other approaches, and how it can help out you and your particular pain.
- Afterwards we evaluate the area of complaint by conducting a comprehensive physical exam, including orthopedic and neurological testing.
- Treatment to the injured site begins with our Nimmo soft tissue therapy to the muscles. We treat each trigger point that we found during the evaluation with a precise amount of manual pressure for several seconds. We will not only treat the site of the pain, but where the pain is coming from, along with areas of the body that may be compensating for the injury as well as enabling improper biomechanics. Afterward, we may address joint involvement utilizing gentle mobilization techniques, flexion-distraction, and pelvic blocking
After the first treatment, it is common for the patient to feel lighter and more relaxed. We are working with the neurological system, and our treatment affects a specific part of the autonomic nervous system, which helps to reprogram the muscles. By stimulating this part of the nervous system you may experience a variety of symptoms, for example sweating, chills, or even euphoria, during and after treatment.